Thursday, June 26, 2008

A busy week...

I can hardly believe it is already Thursday. We have had a lot of events this week so far, some fun, some not so much.

Monday started with a phone call to Britta. Abby went in for surgery to fix a hole in her heart. Being the worry wart that I am, I had to make sure she knew I was thinking about them and to express my love and concern. Also, I wanted to find out if they had received the e-card I sent for Abby to wish her luck. They did and Abby had already watched it over and over again. Britta told me she would let me know how things went and I mentioned that I would like to come up to visit later if Abby was up to it. It was a simple procedure, done in the catheter lab instead of the operating room, and everthing went well.

After work I had a chiropractor appointment. It was a consultation from my most recent re-exam(I am now on a maintenance schedule) and it was in and out. So, I headed up to Primary's after the appointment. Abby was very antsy and ready for something different. She was exhausted and struggled with her emotions for a little bit but overall did amazingly well. I read her a few stories and chatted with Britta some. We also took a picture of her silly glowing thumb.

Eventually I felt I needed to go help my parents and she didn't want me to go. But she had dinner on the way, pepperoni pizza(her favorite) and a cupcake with sprinkles, so she was ok.

My parents have been remodeling their bathroom downstairs and were also getting the house cleaned up in preparation for my brother Seth to come home from his mission on Tuesday. For those of you familiar with my parent's yard you will be glad to know that it is now tub free! Shortly after I arrived at their place, they realized that their a/c was no longer working. The compressor quit. I was trying to help clean, but it wasn't very easy to do while being miserably hot. Overall, Monday was good and busy day.

Tuesday morning Seth came home, bright and early. I did not go to the airport. I planned to be at work all day. That morning, my body had a different idea. I did not feel well and stayed in bed. I thought I just needed more sleep and that I would make it in later. Then I woke up later. My throat was screaming at me! I called in sick because I thought I may have caught something that Ranna had been sick with for days already. I felt very yucky and almost stayed in bed. Then Steve said he wanted to go see Seth before he had to go to work. I figured I could lay around at my parent's house just as easily as I could at home. So, we got out the door and visited for a bit. Then Steve went to work and he left me there. It was quite the busy house! I still felt rather yucky all day but it was definitely better than staying at home.

This is of course the Reader's Digest condensed version, but you get the idea. The past two days I have been very busy at work and have come home exhausted. Maybe I will actually have the energy to post a Flashback Friday tomorrow....

0 comments: