Friday, October 10, 2008

I'm alive...and well

My surgery went well and I am home recovering.

Steve and I arrived at the hospital yesterday morning at about 7:10. My mom rearranged her work schedule so that she could be there as well and she arrived before the nurse took us back. Even though it was early and I was going to be having surgery, I was in a pretty good mood and really wasn't nervous. I received a blessing the night before and it gave me great peace. I had a student nurse follow me all the way through my stay. It was rather interesting, but it was fun to have someone to talk to during the few times I would have been alone otherwise.

According to Steve, the doctor told him that my gallbladder was pretty scarred up and had been causing me some grief for quite some time. The largest stone was too big and had to be crushed before they could remove my gallbladder. For me, having this knowledge gives me a lot of peace with my decision to have it removed. I was a little unsure at one point, even though I was extremely sick.

I can not say enough good about the care I received while at the hospital. Everyone seemed to really be concerned about me and seemed to really enjoy their work. Overall, other than the fact that I had a tough time coming out of the anesthesia, my experience was very positive.

I am able to get up and down realatively easily and even handled a few visitors last night. My pain is under control and I have been in good spirits. I'm quite encouraged at this point and look forward to getting on with life without the nasty attacks.

I want to say thank you to all my family and friends that have shown a great amount of love and support during this time. I feel very loved and very special.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are glad to hear that you are ok.

ALICIA said...

Sorry I had no idea you were going through all of this. I have not been a regular blogger lately. Life is so busy. Anyway I just got caught up on your blog. Glad the surgery went well. Hope you are recooperating well. Take Care!