Monday, September 8, 2008

A whole lot of randomness...

I have several thoughts running through my mind right now. Can't say that this post is going to make much sense of anything but it is what you are going to get. I'm in the mood to tell stories.

Randomness #1
I don't post daily or even on a real regular basis but I definitely have blogs that I read daily. I come home from work, check my email, download my games (I am a junkie!) and rotate through the blogs. Some of them post nearly every day, some a lot less than me. But I get to catch up on stories from family and friends and some people I really don't know but for some reason I just really enjoy reading them. I don't comment often but know this, I read them, I love them! Often, I think about posting something and then decide I don't have the mental energy to do so. "I'll post later" I think. Yeah right.

As you can see, I did a pretty major overhaul. I've been wanting to do it for a while but again, lack of mental energy and "I'll do it later". I think the biggest problem is I do a lot of creative stuff at work and I don't want to do anymore by the time I get home. Now that it is done I think you are stuck with this layout for a while. The good news is, Steve loves it. Go me!

Randomness #2
Several weeks ago I was babysitting Zack for Amanda and Aaron while they went on a date. I had a few people come over and visit during that time and we all decided we were hungry. We piled in Steve's car, it fits several people and the booster seat better than my beetle, and went off to find dinner. Because of my silly and annoying dietary needs we ran to a few different places. But that is not the point. The point is we were in Steve's car. Steve has very eclectic taste in music. He has so many playlists put together on cds in his car it isn't funny. No really, it's not. They aren't labeled well, or aren't labeled at all. He frequently asks me to put a cd in while we are driving and when I put something in I have no idea what is going to play. Well, whatever was in that day was fine for my mood so we left it. The next thing I know we are listening to "Ice, Ice Baby" and Zack is mimicing right along. We all laughed so hard! He really loved that song.

The part about this that I love the most is this. We taught him to respond with "Ice, Ice Baby" any time we say "vanilla". When mom and dad came to pick him up he was dead asleep. I was afraid by this time that he would have forgotten but I really wanted them to hear it so I gave it a chance. He remembered and responded even though he was barely awake and it was so cute! He still responds, right on cue. Simple minds, simple pleasures.

Randomness #3
I have too many projects to work on. I just barely finished an afghan last night that I started 3 years ago. Too my defense, it was not an easy one. I had to change colors after every single row. That is a lot of color changing and working in ends. I could only take so much of it before I just had to put it down, for a long time. Well, I recently got a request for an afghan and decided it was not fair to start that one until I had finished this one that is long over due. It is a gift. A wedding gift. They celebrate 3 years this month. Again, in my defense, they eloped and we didn't have advance notice so it was started after they got married. I know, poor excuse. But, it is finished now and I can move on.
Now if only I can finish the 2 cross-stitch projects in progress, the ceremics I need to paint to complete my Christmas village and all the other miscellaneous projects I have I'll be in good shape. Of course if I got all that done the sky might actually fall.

0 comments: