Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Beads

My sister Britta introduced me beads and making bracelets. I got hooked and I now have quite the collection of tools and supplies. I have made a lot of bracelets and have done quite a few for gifts. Many of you have been recipients of one. About a year ago I taught a class for church. These are my samples that I did for the class.
Clasp bracelets, the charms and clasps are:
red - hearts
blue - dragonflies
black - stars


Stretch bracelets
I wear the pink one all the time and
gave the blue and green one to a friend


Memory wire bracelets
I had a request for one just like the white one
and have made several for people like these

Tonight I got together with Britta and we went bead shopping at Hobby Lobby, Abby's favorite store...she's only 3! I didn't spend much money but made these earrings.


I really enjoy making jewelry for several reasons. But I think my favorite is being able to say "Thank you, I made it!" when someone gives me a compliment on something I am wearing. And seeing other people wear something I made for them.

0 comments: