Sunday, July 6, 2008

Hiatus

It has been a while since I posted. We've been busy. Believe it or not, we really didn't do much of anything on the 4th. My stomach acted up and I was up all night in pain the night before, so I slept until 1:00 p.m. when Steve woke me up saying he couldn't in good conscience let me sleep anymore. The rest of the day I really felt lethargic and didn't feel up to doing much of anything at all. We did go get ice cream and watch the valley fireworks from up on the hill with Josie and Jaslin(we were going to go to West Jordan Park, but parking didn't exist, so we drove instead).

This week and weekend I have been getting ready to go on vacation. While I was at work I was busy trying to make sure I had all my loose ends tied up so that I didn't have to worry about anything not being done. When I was home I was cleaning up the house so I didn't leave a disaster. Yesterday I went with my mom to Sam's Club for snack food and then Ranna and I went to Good Earth so I could get some specialty food to take with me.

Today I have been quite busy getting things packed and organized. We are planning on leaving my parent's house at 8:00 a.m. which means getting up early enough to get everything in the car, go get some ice and get to my parent's house in time to get everything loaded up. I will be riding with Britta, Abby and Landon for most of the trip. Then my parent's will have them, Anna(a niece), Ranna, Seth and Joel. Then Amanda, Aaron and Zack will be in their truck. Unfortunately there are several people that are unable to come. Britta's husband, John, Steve, my brother Dirk and his wife Sarina all have to work and Eric, Dani and their girls were going to come but they are moving in a week and a half and now are not able to.

We will be coming home late Saturday, so there will likely be no communication from me online for a week, as I have no lap top. I will prepare to share our adventures when we return...

0 comments: