Saturday, March 15, 2008

Flashback Friday - Life long friends

The other day a co-worker of mine asked me if I still keep in touch with any of my friends in high school. For me that answer is absolutely! Not very many of them, but I do have some that I do. I have two good friends who have been around for 15 years or more.

Buffy I have known since we were about 5, so about 25 years or so. I don’t ever remember not knowing her, I just have the knowledge that I didn’t always. She is probably one of the few people I have never had a disagreement with. But our relationship is odd. As long as I can remember we hang out in spurts. We would hang out a lot and then suddenly stop for a while. We didn’t have any tension or disagreements of any sort. We just took a break for a while. It is like that still. But I always know that if I need someone to talk to she is there. We often talk about some similarities between our husbands, especially in temperament, which we find very interesting.

Angela I met in high school. At the end of our junior year we became nearly inseparable and I started referring to her as my other hip. She has basically been an additional sister and is part of the family. On the flip side of that, I am part of her family as well. I was over for dinner one night when they had the missionaries over and he introduced me to them as his adopted daughter. Anyone who knows Angela’s dad knows this is not a common occurance. I know that I could go to her parent’s house anytime still and be welcomed right in. One of the funniest things is her teenage sister, Leah, has asked for my help on several occasions, such as getting ready for a dance and dying her hair. She got married several years before I did and got pregnant pretty close to right away so we have not been able to hang out as much as we would really like to since then and her living out of state does not help much either.

These two friends are a very small sample of people who have truly made a HUGE impact on my life and I could go on and on.

And to those I consider a friend, thank you for being in my life!

0 comments: