Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Richard Marx Concert

Monday night I had the wonderful privilege (in my opinion) to go to the Richard Marx concert in Orem. He is my favorite artist by far. In my personal opinion, I believe that he is a very under-rated artist and is not nearly as well known as he should be. Very few people know that he has written and produced very popular songs for several very popular artists covering several genres.

My sister Ranna and my friend Buffy went with me. Ranna has a few albums, the Greatest Hits (from the first 4 albums) and the newest one, which meant she knew almost all the songs played. Buffy only knew what was played on the radio, so basically the earlier stuff. Regardless of how much they knew it was a fun show. No major special effects, just great music and a great entertainer. He had great stories to share and was quite comedic.

I won't bore people with the details of the songs played. Let's just say I want the live versions! He is working on at least one new album (possibly 2) and played one of his new songs. LOVED IT!

One of these days I will have enough money to have a private concert....

0 comments: